Glideaway’s BB Super Heavy-Duty Center telescoping middle braces support your mattress set using four 1 ½ angle iron cross support bars that run crosswise. Each bar includes up to 3 steel legs and 3 adjustable feet per bar. We utilize these hardened steel braces for the heaviest of applications including larger individuals, plus sized couples and even softside waterbeds weighing in at in excess of 1400 pounds. These are the best of the best when it comes to bed frame support. Perfect for those looking to beef up their bed with strongest center supports available. (Details on measuring below)
This support system works best for the following applications:
- Supports Heavier People or Those Demanding The Best Support
- Memory & Gel Foam Beds & Mattresses
- Natural Latex Rubber Mattresses
- Mattresses and Box Springs
- Soft Sided Water Beds
“Fit Criteria” Will These Steel Slats Fit My Bed?
- Headboard and Footboard: You must have one of the following 3 sizes: King, California King, or Queen with headboard and foot board made of wood. (Under “SIZE” Choose King, California King, or Queen)
- Wooden Side Rails: Your bed must have 2 wooden side rails. Each rail, ( the left side rail and the right side rail will then hook into the vertical slots of your headboard and then into your foot board. NOTE: They can also attach using traditional bolts and nuts if your bed does not have hook in connections.
- Wooden lip: Be sure that on the inside of each of your wooden side rails there is a wooden lip or ledge. This lip should run nearly the entire length of the wood side rails. NOTE: In the old days wooden slats were placed on the lip and multiple wooden slats spanned the bed’s width to support your box spring and mattress. Today we recommend the support system you are currently shopping because of their superior strength head to toe and side to side for maximum weight distribution. These comply with all manufactures warranties (Sealy, Serta, Tempur-Pedic, Simmons, etc.
- PLEASE MEASURE LIP: Measure from your floor (pressing firmly) up to the top of the wooden lip/ledge. (NOT the wooden side rail itself.)
- Option 1: The top of the lip measures between 8 inches and 18 inches (Under “Lip Height” choose 8″-18″ option)
- Option 2: The top of the lip measures between 5.5 inches and 7 7/8 inches (Under “Lip Height” choose 5.5″ to 7 7/8″ option)
What comes with my order? For Low Profile 5.5 inches – 7 7/8 inches
A. BB-5 Q/K This is a 1 size fits 3 package. It comes with everything you need. For Queen application use with the 4 heavy duty angle iron cross bar slats with wood screws. Then used the 8 threaded adjustable feet and 8 low profile steel legs.
B. BB-5 K This is a 1 size fits 3 package. It comes with everything you need. For King application use with the 4 heavy duty angle iron cross bar slats with wood screws. Then used the 12 threaded adjustable feet and 12 low profile steel legs.
What comes with my order? High Profile 8 inches – 18 inches
A. BB-8-18 Q/K This is a 1 size fits 3 package. It comes with everything you need. For Queen application use with the 4 heavy duty angle iron cross bar slats with wood screws. Then used the 8 threaded adjustable feet and 8 Standard or Extended profile steel legs.
B. BB-8-18 K This is a 1 size fits 3 package. It comes with everything you need. For King application use with the 4 heavy duty angle iron cross bar slats with wood screws. Then used the 12 threaded adjustable feet and 12 Standard or Extended steel legs
Details about our Supports
- Proudly Manufactured in St. Louis MO
- Assembly Required
- Adjustable height ranges from 5.5″ – 7 7/8″ OR 8” – 18”
- Designed to replace weak wooden slats or cheap steel slats. Most importantly your new system will take the pressure off wood side rails by screwing into the lip which will transfer weight from your headboard, foot board, and side rails and get the weight to the ground safely via 8-12 legs depending on your bed size.
- Center supports are designed with 8- 12 heavy duty steel adjustable legs that are bolted together and add super strength to cross support
- Four steel cross support bars to support with adjustable feet to support softside waterbed or box spring and mattress
- Includes 8 wood screws to fasten heavy duty bars to the wooden lip of the side rails
- Queen models include extension L bracket for unexpected extra wide spans
- When moving bed do not slide it after legs have been assembled. It can cause legs to slide out of position or even worse fail.
- Must be used with a boxspring. Mattress cannot lay directly on slats.
- When using on laminate, hardwood or any other slick floor it is best to use a non skid material under the frame legs to keep them from sliding out of position. Consider our SlipStick Grippers