Save money by repairing your waterbed mattress instead of buying a new one, simply purchase a waterbed patch kit and following the instructions Contrary to belief most leaks in waterbed mattresses are repairable. Do not attempt to repair seams, corners or the mattress valve. Please feel free to use our…
Waterbed Patch Kit Instructions
Directions To Patch A Waterbed Mattresses With A Vinyl Repair Kit
- Purchase a Waterbed Repair Kit
- Unplug your waterbed heater.
- Drain your mattress either with an electric pump, Super Pump, or gravity siphoning.
- Place mattress on a clean floor where you have plenty of space. Basements, garage, or large rooms are the best. Be sure there is not anything that can puncture the mattress.
- Find your hole and cut the patch so that it covers the hole completely. Nickle or dime-size patches work best. A good rule of thumb is that a patch should never be much bigger than the size of your thumbnail.
- Put the vinyl adhesive provided in the repair kit over the hole on your mattress, as well as over the vinyl patch you cut out.
- Do not attach the patch to the mattress just yet.
- Let the adhesive on the hole and on the patch start drying separately for about 5-10 minutes, or until the adhesive becomes tacky.
- After 10 minutes, place the patch over the hole.
- Press down all over the patch, to make sure that the patch completely seals the hole. Do this for about 5-10 minutes.
- After about 10-20 minutes (after step 10) grab your adhesive and put it around the seam of the patch to ensure that if there is a way the patch didn’t seat right, it will with that final seating.
- Let your mattress sit for about an hour or 2.
- Put the waterbed mattress back in your bed and position corners of the water mattress into the corners of the waterbed cavity.
- Fill your mattress up to the recommended level
- Put conditioner in.
- Plugin your heater.
- Burp the air out of your bed.
If you have any questions about Waterbed Patch Kit Instructions, please do not hesitate to call us for more tips or help 1 888 785 2337.
Shop For A Waterbed Repair Kit Now