Replacement Mattress That Fits Wooden Frame
Our special sized Richmond Euro Top Waterbed Insert from Therapedic® is part of our performance line called the Backsense™ series. It is an ordinary traditional mattress made with coil springs to specifically to slip down inside your wooden waterbed frame. This supportive comfort system is made thicker, so getting in and out will no longer be a problem. (Boxspring NOT INCLUDED and NOT Necessary)
In addition, making your bed when you wake up will be far easier than before since you won’t have to lift the heavy water mattress. The slightly undersized dimensions make getting your hands and bedding alongside the mattress easy. Size may vary up to 1 inch.
Purchasing a replacement insert mattress prevents you from having to buy a new bed, bedroom furniture, and of course a mattress set. Your only investment is the cost of a mattress itself making it a very a smart choice that not only saves you money, but also hours of time and hard work from the process of completely changing everything back to a regular bed.
Transitioning from a water mattress to a traditional mattress with coil springs can be tough. The cushioning of the euro top makes that change easier while also providing firm support rarely found in waterbeds. It also provides a comfortable night of sleep while allowing you to keep the current waterbed frame and furniture you own.
Mattress Details and Specifications
- Total Mattress Thickness: 11 inches
- Quilting:Natural Safe FR Fiber
- Quilting:1″ TheraSoft Plush Quilt Foam
- Quilting:1/2″ Polyurethane Foam
- Upholstery:2-1/2″ Perfect Contour 5-Zone Foam
- Upholstery:Insulator Liner
- Support System:504 Alternating Verticoil® Edge (See specific coil counts for the various mattress sizes below)
- Bottom:1-1/2″ Base Foam
- Foundation NA: A Foundation /Boxspring is not needed ( see information below)
- Warranty: 5 Years
Coil Information: 504 Alternating VertiCoil Edge
13.75 Gauge Steel Coil Wire thickness
(NOTE: Coil counts are based on traditional mattress sizes. Inserts have been modified from their original sizes. Coil count is provided to show the specific coil unit used to make this mattress and offer a comparison method.)
- Twin 286
- Full 396
- Queen 504
- King 648
Insulator Pad to protect upholster from damaging wires of steel coil springs
Traditional mattresses like these do not need or require a box spring. This stand alone mattress rests correctly and properly by itself on the decking /plywood of your frame. It fits and fills the frame so that the mattress is elevated at a height that will not interfere with visibility of the headboard while leaving ample space for making your bed and getting your hands between the mattress and frame. We recommend keeping your safety liner. If you no longer have one STL Beds Stocks them at additional cost.
Detailed Measurements / Sizes
Super Single Waterbed Frame
- Cavity Measures 48 wide X 84 long
- Richmond ET Waterbed Insert Replacement Mattress Measures 46 wide x 82 long x 11 thick
California Queen Waterbed Frame
- Cavity Measures 60 wide X 84 long
- Richmond ET Waterbed Insert Replacement Mattress Measures 58 wide x 82 long x 11 thick
California King Waterbed Frame
- Cavity Measures 72 wide X 84 long
- Richmond ET Waterbed Insert Replacement Mattress Measures 70 wide x 82 long x 11 thick
Photo for illustration purposes. Fabric color may vary from actual photo.