Do you think it’s important to keep your mattress clean?
The majority of doctors and allergist think so. Unfortunately mattresses are often overlooked because they are out of site and out of mind. Mattresses are the forgotten necessity of sleep and good health. People don’t buy new ones until a spring pokes them in the rump or it has more craters in its surface than the earth’s moon. So why would cleaning mattresses be any different? Well it’s not and we all need to keep our mattress clean as possible for a safer and healthier sleep environment throughout the life of our bed.
Tips for Keeping Your Mattress Clean
- Use a mattress pad
- Change the sheets on a mattress on a regular basis
- Vacuum your mattress frequently
- Don’t go to bed dirty
- Make your bed with better quality sheets
- Have the mattress cleaned professionally
- Don’t eat or drink in bed
- Do not leave your mattress uncovered
- Keep cats, dogs, and other pets out of the bed.
Mattresses are expensive and knowing how to keep your mattress clean cannot only protect the long-term investment that is your mattress but more importantly can be a lifelong investment in your health.