Top 10 Tempur Pedic Complaints

Not so long ago I was once a mattress dealer that sold this prestigious name brand mattress and I can tell you over all, the experience with the beds where better than other brands. Recently Consumer Reports polled its readers and hands down Tempur Pedic won the “Would you buy this mattress again?” question, an answer many manufacturers would have loved to have received.

Mattress is Too Heavy

While it is true that these memory foam mattresses are heavier than most they do use more foam in a cubic foot of mattress space than most which means longer life and unfortunately a heavier mattress.

Fluctuating Firmness

Visco Elastic foam is temperature sensitive and will vary in firmness in accordance to room temperature. The sleeping area does tend to become more stable as it evens up with body temperature over time.

Top 10 Tempur Pedic Complaints

Tempur-pedic by mstephens7

Sleeps Hot

While I disagree that overall memory foam sleeps hot for everyone, one cannot ignore the complaints. The Tempur Pedic Airflow System™ is supposed to have alleviated the heat issues.  Some would argue that the initial contact foam which is temperature reactive is where the real issue lies where as the Airflow System™ is buried deep where it may be significantly less affective.

Off Gassing

I was unable to find any information that specifically addresses the issue on Tempur Pedics website, however the issue in my opinion is one of concern for many potential buyers worried about possible affects. Affects that may be associated as result of mattresses that are  synthetic petroleum based.

Tempur-Pedic’s Price

There is no doubt when comparing Tempur Pedic to other brands and especially other memory foam mattresses that they can be one of the costliest mattresses to purchase these days. However in fairness they have earned their steep price tag. They are well marketed, which costs money and creates brand recognition. In my opinion they are probably the best which is why everyone else seems to compare themselves to the original, Tempur Pedic.

Getting out of Bed

One of the most common complaints is getting out of the bed due to the temporary support hole that develops when you are lying there sleeping. The surrounding foam is often firmer making it tough for some people to get out of or climb out of as others describe it.

Tempur Pedic AlternativeTurning Over

Truthfully this is related to the previous problem listed in #6; however adding to it was the common complaint of turning over which was often described as quite strenuous and often wakened them. The extra work of turning over was said to be by some as counterproductive to the less tossing and turning marketed feature of the beds’ design. A feature that is related to pressure relieving foam that  significantly reduces overall body pressure.

Feeling Trapped

This really goes along with the previous two issues but we wanted to make sure it was included.  See #6 and #7

Not Comfortable Quick Enough

When a person first lays in some memory foam mattresses the initial feeling can be a bit shocking, but almost as quick as you think that, you slowly start to feel your body melt as some people call it, into the mattress.  Tempur Pedic offers models that responds faster and that are softer than their earliest beds helping to solve such issues.

Do Tempur Pedic Mattresses Smell?

It’s true that they can have a chemical type odor as do many of the comparable products associated with them. Most agree that this tends to dissipate quickly once the mattress is removed from its packaging in usually just a matter of a few days to a couple of weeks.

I hate my queensize tempurpedic adjustible mattress and bedframe; I wished I had not been talked into it. I just want the regular flat one. The adjustible sinks in the middle, and does not adjust up far enough to keep my back from sinking into same. I have to sleep horrizontally, or on the extreem edges vertically. My back has been killing me since one week after purchase; it has been seven months now, and I am dying. I tried to exchange after one week, athought the sales personnel were wonderful, I feel they were too happy from commission to help me.

Can anyone help me.

Audrey A.

Comment by Audrey Andrews — August 9, 2012 @ 12:05 pm

I have bought a Tempura Double Mattress 6 weeks ago and have covered it with a cotton sheet to sleep on. I’m not comfortable because I’m getting too hot all the time. Talking to a friend who has got the same mattress but was able to get a cool-sleep-sheet I would like to be able to buy such a sheet. Were do i get it from and how much is it going to cost? My friend can not remember were she bought her sheet from. Can anybody help ?
I am desperate for a good nights sleep!!!!!

Comment by B Farmer — August 9, 2012 @ 2:09 pm

I have had my Tempurpedic for 2 months. I am now adjusted to how it sleeps, but not adjusted to how HOT the bed makes me. For about a month I felt like one side of my body was higher than the other. I felt like I was falling out of the bed. I now get in and stomp my feet in the middle of the bed and it seems to help! I just need something to help with the heat!?!? Seriously considering returning the mattress.

Comment by T Morris — August 23, 2012 @ 7:26 am

We bought our mattress about a year and a half ago after seeing so many advertisements and all the hype. We figured there had to be something to it. We explained to the sales person our sleeping habits and they showed us the bed that fit our needs. Well fast forward to today and my wife wants to put it in our spare bedroom. For a long time we didn’t want to admit that the bed wasn’t all it was cracked up to be, probably due to the amount of money we spent. We wake up every day with aches and pains. I thought maybe it was just us getting old but after sleeping on an air mattress while out of town on business and in our camper on a 3″ thick foam mattress over plywood I don’t believe it is us. None of the issues occur on either of these extremely inexpensive mattresses. Can anyone explain that?

Comment by D Harris — September 4, 2012 @ 4:47 pm

I was ordering one pillow for my wife. My mother-in-law who is in an assisted-living facility also wanted a pillow, so asked if I would order hers at the same time. My sister-in-law also requested one since I was ordering. All 3 of us live in the same town. We got the pillows, but didn’t receive the protective cover. We contacted TP and they sent one. I contacted them and said I had ordered 3. They sent back a “we only send one per address”. I explained that I had combined 3 orders into one for easier handing for everyone. Same comment back from TP. As far as I’m concerned, not only have they lost future business from me, but I’m involved with several senior groups and this company will be lambasted from several directions… loss of business due to poor customer service and poor attitude. Wonder how much business they lose due to 2 protective slips that should have been sent in the first place.

Comment by Leon — September 11, 2012 @ 2:49 pm

Bought our Tempur Pedic 6 years ago. Love it! will never have a regular mattress again. I cannot understand all the negative comments. Never felt too warm, if anything it always seems to have a cool soothing feel.

Comment by Shawn — September 20, 2012 @ 12:35 pm

Shawn, I agree with you. Overall I believe Tempur Pedic is one of the best mattresses made…side note, we do not sell it. Consumer Reports said that the majority of Tempur Pedic owners would buy it again. This thread is really all about the complaints. Check out our Top Ten Benefits Of Memory Foam Article and feel free to leave a comment. People are always more likely to leave negative comments online than positive. Go over there and tell potential buyers of memory foam how you feel.

Comment by Douglas Belleville — September 20, 2012 @ 5:47 pm

We love our tempurpedic, but made sure it was over 10″ deep. We sleep cool, can roll over easily without waking the other, and get out of bed easy. Our time together as a married couple is better. It gives us support, does not move or make noises. Women care about stuff like that.

Comment by June — September 26, 2012 @ 11:34 pm

8.I have purchased 3 tempurpedics in my time so far – primarily because my back got weak due to using waterbeds for 20 yrs, and needed to rebuild the muscles in my back, but because I had wore out my disks being hyperflexible. I’ve also purchased a twin size mattress topper I can take with me when I visit the g-kids.

The first two were in 2001 – King size with the depth of 10″. I had back and neck surgery and needed the support. I slept like a queen, stayed cool and was able to roll over without a problem or waking up. After having to downsize, I sold them and got what I wanted since I had the paperwork/warantees.

To save money, I bought a queen size, but did not buy the foundation since I had a new platform bed. I bought it at one of those warehouse places that you can select from catalogs. There was a big difference in my sleep, as it was way too hard. (By that time I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia, so I sold the platform and returned to buy the foundation, thinking it would help. I knew that if you don’t have the foundation the warrantee is nulified, anyway. The owner told me that Tempurpedic had found out they were selling it below their bottom price, and would not sell to them anymore. Don’t know if that’s true, but it was cheaper than anywhere else. I never got the foundation.

Over the years, one of my hips became inflamed with bursitus, so I switched to other side of bed. To be frank, when I sleep, I don’t thrash around, but lie still and sleep sound. I wasn’t yet 50, so this was weird. I never thought the bed was what helped me get bursitus till now! Switching sides helped, but soon my shoulders and clavicle were sore and stiff, and when I turned over, it was like I was on the floor camping. Now one of my shoulders needs surgery as it is “frozen”. Thinking about the difference between the first two versus the one I have and the difference in the quality of sleep, I got out the tape measure. This one is slightly less than 8″ so this is why there is such a difference! I didn’t save money in the long run, and would recommend people to make sure theirs is over 10″ deep..

I found the newer “cloud” tempurpedic would work much better for me. However, money is tight, so I am going to get another mattress topper from tempurpedic to match my queen bed instead. I hope this helps my shoulder. If I had the money to buy any mattress, I would get an organic one this time instead or the cloud if I only had 2K, lol.

Comment by Christine — September 26, 2012 @ 11:35 pm

I bought a Tempur Pedic Cloud. I’ve always loved firm beds. I love the warm feeling I have all night long. I have never slept warm in my life. My only complaint is that I wake up after 5 hours and have to go to the bathroom every night. I am a great sleeper the only reason I bought the bed is because my husband has one and swears by it but he never slept very well until his Tempur Pedic. Once I have gotten up in the night the rest of the night is filled with tossing and turning and dreams so I know I’m not sleeping well. My body feels like its too alive! I still have a month to try and get this worked out before I give up. People have told me it takes awhile to get use to the bed but I can’t handle not sleeping…….

I am determined to make this work!

Comment by carol — October 2, 2012 @ 11:09 am

I will never buy, nor will I ever reccommend a Tempur Pedic Mattress to any one ever -I purchased at Mattress Firm In North Port, Fl. I wound not ever send anyone I know there either. Tempur Pedic has been the worst company to work with and their employees are to say the most very very very rude! I will work very hard to get the States Attorneys office in volved with this and ask that Mattress Firm Stop advertising them on TV. Please Take this peice of garbage back and give my 88yr old husband some comfort in his last yrs. of life. YOU People are the worst to deal with. You should not be allowed to sell any longer.

Elizabeth
North Port, florida

Comment by Elizabeth Bloom — October 5, 2012 @ 10:14 am

My mattress was in storage for about a year because I moved. I use to LOVE it. I started using it again about 2 months ago and my back feels like it’s about to break in half. It is totally killing me!! It makes me sick to think of how much it is going tocost for a new bed. Especially when I thought I had top quality.

Comment by Patty — October 10, 2012 @ 1:34 pm

HATE IT!

Waayy too hot, I don’t care what anyone tells you this thing will cook you! Really not any more comfortable than any other firm mattress, too heavy and too expensive sure wish I hadn’t purchased it. I have moved it to my guest room.

Comment by Wendy — October 20, 2012 @ 4:20 pm

We thought it was our imagination. Wasn’t this suppose to be the answer to good sleep. Well we are in the 3rd year of sleeping on this king size and over the last 4-5 months it has been quite obvious that the foam has sunk. I am 59 and never had back issues. Now every morning I get up I’m ready to go shopping for a new mattress. Would not recommend Tempurpedic

Comment by MARC — October 26, 2012 @ 7:26 am

We have had our “Cloud” for slightly more than a year and I am regretting ever getting it. The complaints I read about it are justified. I find it tough to roll over during the night and the foam doesn’t “give” enough, resulting in temporary mounds that make it that much more uncomfortable. I am going back to the store to see if there is any recourse.

Comment by James Witt — October 28, 2012 @ 11:58 am

We purchased our tempur pedic about 15 years ago. We have a california king with a topper, We’ve loved the bed since we purchased it, however, I never can find sheets that stay, and fit tightly enough, so that there are no wrinkles. The sheets always slide no-matter what. Also, the topper is pulling at the seam.The manufacture warranty is for 20 years, I think I’m going to have to call them and complain. Has anyone had a similiar problem with the sheets and seams pulling apart?

Comment by meg cam — November 6, 2012 @ 2:28 am

My husband and I just recently purchased a Tempurpedic mattress from a store in fort Oglethorpe, Ga. Along with the mattress we got 2 standard Tempur-Pedic pillows. The understanding that my husband and I had was that we would get 2 pillow covers for this very expensive mattress {since there were 2 pillows given to us] . Low and behold, we received one on Friday , November 9th, 2012 and when we didn’t receive the other one I called the company. ONLY one comes to a household and other covers are $25.00 each! What a rip off- expensive mattress but such shoddy ,cheap service that only 1 pillow cover is givento each household! The mattress company should have sent 2 because we HAVE 2 of them. I have a big mouth and I will tell others about such cheap service.

Comment by Jan Swallows — November 14, 2012 @ 9:17 am

Purchased the tempurpedic last year. Not only is it way over priced to begin with, It was the worst sleeping experience of my life. The foam conforms to your body but begins to feel like cement once the sinking stops. Also, sweated all night every night. The smell seemed noxious/toxic in the beginning but did disipate after a few weeks. After sleeping on it for almost 6 weeks, I returned it to the store. Both of my arms went numb in the shoulders every night and I was in so much pain each morning I was virtually in tears each day. Switched to a Serta iSeries and what a difference. The new gel/foam technology just amazing! And the kicker…one grand less!

Comment by L Scott — November 23, 2012 @ 6:30 pm

I purchased aTempurpedic Contour Signature mattress with the Advance Ergo System 80 days ago. Loved it for the first month (except for the smell). I am now my noticing back pain, waking up hot, having a hard time getting out of bed. A lot of issues that I wasn’t expecting. I didn’t hear any negative reviews until I started to research on the web about possible complaints or “reviews” others might have. The top ten complaints are right on, BUMMER….I really wanted this mattress to work for me. I hope the furniture store honors the 90 days sleep trial.

Comment by Sherryl — November 23, 2012 @ 9:55 pm

After being sold an old Tempurpedic mattress by Sleep Train distributors and not being told that it was used, the mattress sagged in the center causing both my husband and myself terrible back pain. After I sent a written complaint directly to Tempurpedic in KY with photographs showing how bad the mattress was, they sent another new mattress. The new mattress was loaded with toxic fumes that caused my husband and I to close our bedroom door for eight days where we slept on the floor. After calling the company in Lexington, Kentucky, I was assured the fumes would disperse. Two months later the fumes are still as bad as they were and I wake up each morning with a sever headache and slightly nauseous. This is a badly made product. I will demand that this mattress be removed from my home and my money returned. I will recommend that this mattress be tested by labs for carcinogic effects. This is a bad product.

Comment by Dr. Perez — November 29, 2012 @ 11:24 pm

Just got rid of my 3 yer old mattress. Piece of crap. Bad back pains for months. Sweats galore. Selling cheap. Bought a Sleep Comfort foam with the lift for legs and back. Like a dream!

Comment by MARC — November 30, 2012 @ 8:18 am

My wife and I recently had a defective Queen size mattress which sagged beyond belief at the center causing us endless back pains and difficulty just turning over. The mattress was replaced only to have yet a worse problems with gasses being emitted from the mattress. Tempurpedic claimed this would disappear after a couple of weeks. It has now been over two months and Tempurpedic is not being of any help, by trying to pass us on to the dealer (Sleep Train). The dealer has absolutely nothing to do with a defective product. We are demanding our money back and removal of this mattress ASAP.
We feel these gasses are carcinogenic, being that the foam is petroleum based and Tempurpedic has the ultimate responsibility to prove otherwise and do the right thing by refunding our money and removal of the product from our home. This is a terrible product. We will never endorse it.
Comment by Robin L -November 30,2012

Comment by Robin L. — November 30, 2012 @ 8:34 am

My husband and I bought a Tempurpedic one year ago and I have to say it was a bad decision. We wake up several times a night usually end up sleeping in the recliner. The mattress is hot and we wake up with a back ache. It’s difficult to get out of bed in the morning because the the mattress sinks.

Comment by Deborah B — December 2, 2012 @ 12:33 pm

I am currently at a crossroad with my tempurpedic mattress. I bought it from a store in Sugar land Texas a little over 2 years ago. I noticed that the only way to wake up without pains is when I lie down flat on my back! This morning the pain is so excruciating that I had to take Aleve. I bought this mattress for about 2.5 grand and I was told the warranty is for 25 years unfortunately I am currently out of the US so it will be impossible to take it back to the store.
My initial thought was that the bed floor could be the cause but reading from others I could reasonably conclude that this product definitely has some defects.
Ayo Lagos Nigeria.

Comment by Ayo Fasakin — January 2, 2013 @ 2:16 am

We purchased our original TempurPedic, a king size Celebrity at a cost of $4000, in 2008, by 2010 it had to be replaced due to severe sagging. The replacement mattress was a Tempur Cloud Luxe. The original mattress was a pillow top, the replacement was not. The warranty process was not too painful, however we did not feel the replacement mattress would offer us the same level of comfort and we were correct. After about 18 months of sleeping on the Cloud Luxe i have had it. We spent a couple of weeks away during the Christmas holidays, during this time I slept so much better and did not wake feeling like i had been hit by a truck. This Cloud Luxe is so hard in the middle and seems to only be getting worse. I wake up with body parts asleep and aches like I have never had.
Last week I called the warranty department at TempurPedic, i got an operator that took a message and said someone would return my call in 24 to 48 hours, no one returned my call. Today, one week later, I called again and after 22 minutes on hold, again I got an operator with the same promise. So now I have a $4000 mattress with a 20 year warranty, but no way to make a claim. My opinion, these mattresses are not worth the money nor does is it seem they honor the warranty that they speak so highly of.

Comment by Tammy — January 22, 2013 @ 3:49 pm

purchased queen size tempur cloud for $2800 about 10 months ago

was very smelly and hot for about 2-3 weeks

really enoyed sleeping on it for 8-9 months

but now it’s gone kinda flat aroud the hip area . . i cannot sleep on it . . have been sleeping in spare room on single spring matress which i now find very relieving and supportive

pretty annoyed at the money i wasted on this tempur , but lesson learned, will write it off and intend to buy a new queen size spring mattress same make as the spare room

Comment by david — February 5, 2013 @ 7:00 pm

I am work hard for my money , but I love to have a good night sleep . That’s why I’ve been saved up the money to purchase a temperpedic bed , I am regretting that after week sleeping on it, when sleep on the floor , my back was no pain . I hate temperpedic and I am only 32 yo , and I am stuck with this stupid temperpedic bed

Comment by David — February 8, 2013 @ 7:59 pm

David, Here is a link to the Tempurpedic “Try Out Policy” http://www.tempurpedic.com/shopping-with-us/ninety-night-tryout.asp All of the details are there including the Return shipping fees that may apply if you took advantage of their free shipping offer. It says that “Shipping fees are based on mattress weight, and generally range from $200 to $325.” A store will likely have a similar policy but return fees will likely not be as costly.

Comment by Douglas Belleville — February 16, 2013 @ 11:07 am

We are on our second week with the Tempurpedic, my husband seems to like it, I think it still smells terrible. My back hurts and I have been having several dreams, some terrifing. Don’t think I can stand the 30 day free trial.

Comment by Lynne — February 20, 2013 @ 3:42 pm

I am a big fan of this product from the start….I started buying the pillow back in the 90s, but….In Mid 2003, We bought our Tempurpedic king size with topper from Brookstone, the mattress is 10 years old now, it was in storage for one year due to house renovation. The bed started to sag about 3 years ago in the spot that i sleep in–so technically, it started sagging after 6 years of use, however the center of the mattress between my husband and I, is still firm and has the support I remembered from initial purchase. I am NOT a heavy woman, and neither is my husband. we’re both under 140 lbs each.
I feel that the Tempurpedic material may not be the same as the material from those made in the 1990s. Reason being that i owned my first pillow for at least 5 years before i needed to replace it, but after i did, the subsequent pillows only lasted 2 years tops. That’s about the time that Tempurpedic began marketing in a broader outlet of stores, making me wonder if they cut out some steps to be profitable. Anyhow, irregardless of what took place, my personal experience is that the pillows didn’t last as long as it used to. When i went back to Brookstones where i purchased all the pillows from over the years (total:6), they told me there was a warranty, and a date was stamped inside the pillow case, that if i find that the pillow sags, i have 5 years from that date to return for replacement. Well, in less than two year, again, i found the pillow sagged, (the life of it seems to get shorter and shorter) and when i checked for a date on the tag, there was none… so needless to say, i didn’t bother to attempt a replacement, and was so upset that i have boycotted buying the pillows since. I do miss them, but plunking down over $150 dollars for a king size pillow only to have it last less then 2 years is not acceptable to me anymore.
Also, i read here that you can flip the mattress, that is not true, the topper is only on one side. (turning over?)
would the sagging bed constitute a warranty replacement?

Comment by Soo Woo — February 27, 2013 @ 11:32 am

Soo Woo Sorry if we didn’t make it clear enough above. If you reread you will notice that turning over was referring to body repositioning and movement is what we were highlighting. Hope this makes it clearer? Doug Belleville

Comment by Douglas Belleville — March 2, 2013 @ 7:49 am

I bought my queen size tempurpedic 5 years ago. It did wonders for my back; however, at this point the sagging remains and does not fully go away. I have to sleep on one side of the bed, then the other to get any minimal support-but the sagging quickly comes back since the bed has lost its overall firmness. If any weight is applied to the bed it is soft and pushes in quite easily. If I remember, the bed has a 20 year warranty. Does this sagging/softness fall into the warranty terms? Thank you.

Comment by Malia — March 7, 2013 @ 8:52 am

I am not a Tempur Pedic Dealer. Would need to contact them or your dealer and have it inspected to get that answer. People can speculate Tempur Pedic or an authorized dealer can and will answer your question.

Comment by Douglas Belleville — March 7, 2013 @ 1:22 pm

here is the letter I just sent them, should explain a lot:
Thank you for the chance to see my pregnant wife have to sleep on the couch while I sleep here on the recliner. After less than a year after purchasing your product I was pleasantly surprised to find that the entire area between the box spring and the mattress was covered in mold. This is the second box spring mind you due to the fact that the first one broke only a couple of months after purchase. I cannot believe how stupid I feel for spending such a large amount of mone on such an inferior product. The mattress that we replaced had been with us for over 12 years and was handed down to my wife from her brother. In all of those years not a sigle spore was ever found. But in less than a year with this so called superior mattress we have a plethora of the stuff. This has to be the worst single purchase I have ever made in my entire life. It would have been nice to know that if you live in an area that has humidity in the air the product you sell will be rendered useless in almost no time at all. It would have also been nice to know that this problem that your company has known about also voids that 25 year waranty that was really the decidung factor in buying this mattress.

Comment by tim — March 17, 2013 @ 12:25 am

bought king size 6 years ago, sagging on myside of bed i weigh 260, wife 120, have sag where i sleep have hump in the middle between me and wife. sometimes i lay on the hump to flatten it out, paid $2400.00. some nights sleep ok, some nights sweat and wake up. some nights back aches, overall not happy, now i just eat aleive and take sleeping pills can;t afford another bed.

Comment by David — March 27, 2013 @ 6:27 pm

I just checked the tempurpedic warranty on their website, and you have to have a visible .75 dip in your mattress before they would consider replacing it and that is under their conditions for supporting the mattress. As far as i am concerned, the 25 year warranty is very, very limited….after 10 years, you have to pay 50% of cost to replace…I was just on Epinions and the list of complaints on this mattress is long, for the ones who loved it, i bet its because its still new, after a few years, the “softness” settles in and that is differentiated from “dipping” as outlined in their warranty, my mattress is definitely soft now, but it doesn’t have a permanent dip as required for replacement, that was not what i bargained for when i bought this highly super expensive “supportive” mattress..$3500 at the time. Had i known then what i know now, i would have kept my simmons beautyrest which was water damaged due to a leak. That mattress would still give me support where as this one is…forgetaboutit.
Anyone looking to buy this mattress, beware, its great in the beginning, but the “special” foam doesn’t hold up after a few short years of use. Don’t buy the hype, it is HYPE!

Comment by soo woo — April 3, 2013 @ 10:30 am

Left the traditional mattress after 55+ years, bought the cloud supreme breeze king size, glad I changed always a great nights sleep.

Comment by I like it! — April 13, 2013 @ 9:47 pm

I need to know where to go to purchase sheets for my King size bed, which is actually 2 extra long twins. MY store I bought the bed from here in TN. does not carry sheets. Please help

Comment by Charlotte Harrod — April 23, 2013 @ 10:01 am

Purchased two Twin XL Tempurpedic mattresses (low to mid model) from a local store. They offered a 90 day money back guarantee as well. Good thing too. Next to the Select Comfort I slept on for nearly 12 years, this is the worst mattress I’ve owned.

Here’s my beef(s):
Too soft,
Not enough (yea, any) support,
Feel like I sleep in a hole,
Back hurts every morning,
Neck is numb,
Bed “moves” under you all night….squishy feel.

Needless to say, I have til May 5, 2013 to return it for a full refund. I’ll be doing just that too. Already purchased its replacements (Denver Mattress Co.), and commented to my wife this morning….”I can’t WAIT to get rid of those mattresses.”

Don’t fall for the hype, sales pitches, advertising, etc. Trust me….the mattress is NOT good for you.

Comment by Todd — April 23, 2013 @ 10:19 am

We have had the same problem as David. There is a significant difference in weight between my wife and I. We bought ours in 2007 and loved it for the first couple years. Gradually, a trench deveolped on my side of the bed. My wife now spends the night feeling like she is sleeping on a hill. If I don’t stay in the trench, I fell the same way. We would have to hire a crew to get the thing out of our house and pay the shipping to get the thing back for a pro-rated refund so I guess we’re stuck with it.

Comment by Russ — April 26, 2013 @ 12:18 pm

We have young grandkids and while one was sleeping on our new mattress she had an “accident”. It soaked through the waterproof mattress pad into the mattress. We used Lysol spray and then baking soda to clean the mattress…..no water! No matter what we have tried the mattress acts like a giant sponge and expresses a lot of moisture every time anyone lays or sits on it in the same area (which is growing larger). We just decided to flip the mattress so the wet spot is down at the lower end of the bed. It’s been 3 weeks and we have no idea what to do about it????? Help!

Comment by Janine Hamilton — April 26, 2013 @ 12:52 pm

It is amazing how many people hate these mattresses. Take the loss and get a sleep comfort. Spent $4000 on my Tempurpedic and I am happy I got $500 for it. This product is a total rip off!

Comment by Marc — April 27, 2013 @ 6:40 pm

I hate this mattress….in no time flat I had a dip on my side of the bed and had to place a pillow at the edge of the mattress so I wouldn’t roll off. When I moved to the middle to the bed to compensate for the dip I felt like I was sleeping on a hill…it made turning over a real challenge. It’s very hot and I wake up soaking wet. Getting out of it is difficult too. I have to grab hold of the head board for assistance! I’ve hung on to it for 2 years because of the cost, but I’m ready to bite the bullet and chuck it for something else. My recliner is a life saver at the moment. What a rip off!

Comment by judy devens — April 30, 2013 @ 9:46 am

I spent $4,500.00 on a Cal. King Temperpedic 3 years ago. I was told I had 90 days before I could return it if I didn’t like it. Well, I missed the date by 1 day and was told I couldn’t return it. I ended up getting laid off from my job and was stuck with this overly priced bed that gave me nothing but lower back pain. I haven’t had one good night sleep since I purchased it and it is hard as a rock. I am in the middle of a new bed search and would like to hear of any reccomendations? Oh, and I have a 3 year old king temperpedic for sale if anyone is interested?

Comment by Kathy — April 30, 2013 @ 3:45 pm

Hello Kathy I will buy you bed if you live near vero beach florida. miko11004@aol.com

Comment by Mike — May 6, 2013 @ 5:31 pm

I don’t know what to do. I wake up in the morning with aching bones. At first I put it down to getting older, but when I slept on a regular sprung mattress for a few nights, I woke up with young bones. I felt no pain and refreshed after a good night’s sleep. We spent £1300 on this mattress about 7 months ago, so we are past the trial period. Another thing is that my husband doesn’t have a problem with this mattress and is only just beginning to believe how much I am suffering. I would love to replace it whatever the cost, but have yet to persuade him. From the start I distrusted the sinking feeling of the mattress and the fact that it gets very hot under the body, but I believed the hype and thought it was going to be a good support for my body and give me a good night’s sleep. I do manage to sleep, but in the morning I am almost in tears as I ache so much. I wonder if the fact that it is difficult to move around on the mattress (you sort of sink in and get stuck; getting out of the bed is a struggle and you have to push yourself out with your hands) has something to do with it. It is normal to move around during sleep and change position. I think the mattress makes this hard to do and so the body (at least my body) seizes up. Whatever the reason I am deeply disappointed. At least this webpage reassures me that I am not alone. I just wish I had been aware of possible negatives before we paid out so much money. We spend a third of our lives in a bed (unless we are insomniacs). It’s important to get it right.

Comment by Adriana — May 13, 2013 @ 5:34 am

In December 2012, I spent $600 for my king size Tempur Pedic bed since it was a floor model. I have always had lots of back and neck pain that was getting progressively worse from sleeping on our old mattress. With the Tempur Pedic mattress, the pain seemed to get a little worse for the first week on it, but after that, I only started getting better! After 1 month of sleeping on the mattress, all my back pain has dissapeared! I was still having neck pain though, so I ended up buying the tempurpedic pillow too and about two weeks later, my neck pains are gone also. Thank goodness! I am very happy with my purchase after years of pain. I do get a little hot sleeping on the foam though, but someone told me you had to buy sheets made out of a special material to help beat the heat, but I don’t remember what material that is unfortunately. I wouldn’t buy another brand of mattress ever again! I’m sold.

Comment by Laura — June 18, 2013 @ 12:26 pm

Just bought a cal king split Tempurpedix Cloud Lux in May….slept on it for a week, got terrible back pain, had to return it. Paid return fee of #300.00. Got the Tempur Select….same problem with that….could not sleep on it either….except it took a month before the pain was unbearaable. The store where I bought the mattresses have a NO RETURN POLICY….so I had to call the Salvation Army and have them haul away two new mattresses to the tune of $4,000.00. I am just sick about it and will never recommend Tempurpedic to anyone….I feel like I was raped by that comany!!!

BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!

Lilly.

Comment by Lilly — June 23, 2013 @ 12:19 am

I haven’t found anyone else with my problem. I purchased a queen sized cloud tempur pedic almost 2 years ago and added the motor since. I have bad arthritis and need to change my position often. The mattress gradually slides off the platfrom at top left. I’ve tried sleeping in different places on the bed, nothing seems to help. It’s very heavy. I’m a senior living alone and every 6 weeks or so I have to get one of my sons to trek over here just to move the mattress back onto the platform.

Does anyone else have this problem and do you have a solution?

Comment by Monica Bauman — July 14, 2013 @ 3:57 pm

Unhappy with both support systems of mattresses we have purchased. Both of them have broken & we are not overweight. Sales personnel should instruct buyers the proper supports needed for the heavy mattresses.

Comment by C Murray — July 15, 2013 @ 10:22 am

We purchased two xl twin tempurpedic mattresses about 10 years ago. Both my sons purchased mattresses in 2003, and 2004 respectively. After about 5 years the mattresses started to separate. Both were able to have them replaced by Tempurpedic. Now the two xl twins are separating. Each morning my husband and I wake up with terrible backaches from this bed. Went to the fair and spoke with a dealer who was tauting a 40 year guarantee for the tempurpedic mattresses.
I laughed and told him mine have not even lasted 10 years. Very disappointed in this brand.

Comment by Shelley Holbrook — July 25, 2013 @ 11:18 pm

Shelley, Mattresses are known to have excessively long warranties that don’t really guarantee much of anything. 40 years is simply ridiculous.

Comment by Douglas Belleville — July 29, 2013 @ 8:09 am

Interesting that even if you do return the mattress you cannot return the adjustable frame which was never mentioned when the bed was bought….just the return policy on the bed which I paid 6,538.28. When I entered the store it was obvious I have physical limitations due to the cane for one, but also have arthritis and fibromyalgia, not to mention heart disease and sleep apnea. Also, on the one sheet of paper and entire section was scratched out by pen. Called the store today and was told the salesman/manager would call as soon as he returned from lunch……after a long wait, or what could have been a lunch from out of state, I called back only to be informed it was his day off. The adjustable base was 3,461.72….not a bad sale for the salesman, bought with money from disability as the pain I wake up from is unbearable….money that is non-refundable. It is hot to sleep on and difficult to turn during sleep not to mention near impossible to get out of the bed in the morning. I’m thoroughly disgusted and can’t wait to see how this is going to be resolved.

Comment by Audrey — July 30, 2013 @ 12:04 am

Do I need to flip my mattress over?

Comment by Nancy Tjentland — August 5, 2013 @ 10:41 am

Nancy you did not say but since this thread is about Tempur Pedic if you have a one it is a 1 sided mattress and cannot be flipped.

Comment by Douglas Belleville — August 6, 2013 @ 9:49 am

I purchased my first Deluxe mattress from Healthy back store.The store closed down like 6 mo later I bought another mattress Allura from MatressDr.com in Nov,2009 on ebay purchased via paypal.About 8 mo ago I descovered the seem on the pillow mattress was becoming apart,only in one row.Anyway,in the mean time I purchased another mattress tempur cloud supreme for my daughter,from the same seller.So,I contacted the customer service 18138899020 and the lady told me to contact Tempurpedic,I did.I sent pictures and original copy of the purchase.no phone calls so I called back after a week,and I was told my claim was declined,bc was from an unathorized retailers.The mattress came in original package, just like from the store.It is Tempurpedic, just not from the store.Now when I called back to MattressDr.com I was told the store is closed,and I think the warranty paper was just a joke.PLEASE RETAIN THIS WARRANTY AND YOUR ORIGINAL INVOICE FOR 25 YEARS.I called paypal ,ebay,credit card companies and nobody can help.I wonder how many people are outhere,they bought mattress from them,and they do not know that Warranty is none existed.If my pillow top will not have the loose seem I will never find out.Today, Alec wrote me from MattressDr.com
“IS GOOD TO KEEP THE WARRANTY FOR AS LONG AS YOU HAVE THE MATTRESS.But forgot to say there is none.

Comment by kay — August 28, 2013 @ 5:20 pm

The Tempur Pedic is a scam based upon cognitive dissonance. People who lay out an exorbitant amount of money for a mattress need their expectations to meet reality. I purchased a Tempur Pedic some years ago and it quickly developed an uncomfortable sag. I did not have any back problems prior to using the Tempur Pedic but I quickly developed them. When I contacted Tempur Pedic and submitted photos of the sag I was told it was not a “significant enough sag”‘. I subsequently tossed the mattress into the trash and I think a homeless person carted it away. I purchased a high density foam mattress from a local dealer for about $400 and I have never had a better night sleep. I purchased three more for our guest rooms and everyone that sleeps on them asks where we got them. Don’t be scammed; avoid Tempur Pedic/

Comment by Davide — August 30, 2013 @ 10:37 pm

I can not sleep on this mattress anymore!!! My husband stopped a year ago! He would rather sleep on the floor on the $100 gel foam topper we bought last summer to try and get a cooler nights sleep! When we bought the firm matress 4yrs ago in February we had to have it exchangeded within 30 days. We were not aware that the mattress would stay rock hard in a cold room as we sleep with the window open all year round. So then we were quite happy with the med-firm mattress for a couple of years until we moved into a split level house. Our rooms up stairs got very hot in the summer so we were waking up every night sweating to death, angry, distant and tired. In the winter the room was cold and the matress was freezing cold and rock hard! Now this past winter (since I sleep alone) it takes me an hour to warm the matress. Starting with running exersices in bed while breathing under the covers! Usually followed by waking up drenched in sweat because body temperature has heated the foam to near boiling point! I suffer from mild insomnia as it is and now with a 2yr old son I have gotten the worst sleep in my life over the past 2yrs because of this mattress! I contacted Sleep Country in March 2013. They sent out an inspector and apparently our mattress is not bad enough to fall within the warranty regulations even though the frame failed the test!? I wanted to dispute it but my husband feels it is our problem and that we will just have to buy another king size mattress. I worked in customer service for 18yrs and don’t fell the same. After waking last night at 3am sweating hot, I tossed and turned untill 6am. Moving from one side if the bed to the other. Loading blankets on and off becuase it was either too hot or too cold. Then my son woke at 7am. This is coming to an end. After reading all the reviews it is obvious that it is not “us” that is the problem! It is the defective product that we bought for $3500.00 with money recieved from a car accident that left us with permenant back issues in our 20′s. We trusted the brand, advertising, sales associate and company that sold it to us. Definately the worst purchase ever! I have decided to contact Sleep Country again. This product is unacceptable and I will be requesting an exchange or considering setting up shop & protesting at the warehouse down the road. Maybe I will start a petition… Right now I wish I still had my grandmas 20yr old Sealy Postrapedic. Now that was a good mattress:)

Comment by shiray — August 31, 2013 @ 12:27 am

Does anybody knows what do you have to submit to the Tempurpedic for warranty?
My other mattress was a gift do not have an original receipt.

Comment by Kay — August 31, 2013 @ 10:55 am

Kay…. I say forget it….this company (TEMPURPEDIC) will not work with you. They nor their dealers are interested in your comfort, just the almighty dollar they have scammed from honest people who have not learned the truth about them!

Lilly

Comment by Lilly — August 31, 2013 @ 12:42 pm

thank you Lilly,there is no statement anywhere which says “proof of purchase”.
they are tjust trying to get out of the warranty.

Comment by kay — August 31, 2013 @ 2:29 pm

I wish there was a way that i could tell every one in the world that if you have an idea of buying a tempurpedic bed mattress.
You may wan’t to think twice I bought two different ones. Listening to the lies the guy at the furniture store told me.
How great they slept and you would never have any thing else. Well two of then cost me $6,300. All my savings trust me i wish i had never heard of tempurdic. Those beds are like sleeping in a fire. They are so hot even with a celling fan right above the bed and air-condition on. They will tell you try it if you don’t like it you can return it. But what they do not tell is they will charge you a percentage for taking it back. So you have to give them free money or keep the bed. And those toppers they claim will cool them down. That is another lie.

Sandra Bennett

Comment by Sandra — September 3, 2013 @ 5:09 pm

Audrey….The people who complain only of the heat from Tempurpedic are the lucky ones! I, like you suffered terrible back pain. There is no way to tell how this mattress is going to work for you just trying it out in the store, in fact it feels good, real good just trying it out for a while. I too, bougt two Tempur mattresses, had them for a week, and then the pain started….of course the store would take them back at that point, but only to replace them with something else at a restocking fee of $300.00. So I did that once. Now I am into them for upwards of $4000.00…Had the same problem with the replacements….So at this point had to make a painful decision to just swallow the $4 grand and move on….(very hard to do, as I am a senior on a fixed income, and cannot afford that kind of loss). I will be paying it off for the next year at least!

I wound up purchasing a replacement for 1/4 the cost of the Tempurs. Dunlap latex, soooo very comfortable!! I bought it from one of the Mattress Underground’s recommended retailors. If you need any futher info on that leave a message here and I will get it.

Take care and good luck!

Lilly

Comment by Lilly — September 10, 2013 @ 12:03 pm

Sandra, sorry….I meant to comment on your post too…..I totally agree with you! I WISH THERE WAS A WAY TO WARN PEOPLE ABOUT TEMPURPEDIC!!!!! It really is both for people….The pain and the heat!! Not even to mention the quality and how long they last!! (Don’t). If there were enough people and a way to reach all the unhappy people that have lost money buying this inferior product we could file a class action law suit.

What a racquet they have going!!!!!!

Lilly

Comment by Lilly — September 10, 2013 @ 12:32 pm

Feb 2008 bought Cal King / Advanced Ergo System ; in March 2009 purchased a CA split mattress to put downstairs for my 65yr Disabled husband returning from nursing home. Suffers chronic backpain/neuropathy/mobility issues. After reading all the above comments, Yikes! and I thought it was just happening at my house. We have the CA King bed in the front room, the split didn’t workout, he couldn’t roll over in it. Live in 2 story house and he can’t live upstairs. I have been sleeping on the couch for all these years. The bed is WAY to HOT for me and I hate how it feels, can barely get in and out of it. plus made the mistake of buying the full size instead of the split mattress. We are down to our last remote and it is acting up now. To replace it will be $100.00 for one remote. He can’t get out of the bed unless he puts the head up to help him sit up. So, I’m getting worried about that now. Yes, the bed sags and has for along time. He has also suffered from severe allergys, and the past couple of months his body has been itching like crazy and nothing the doctors give him has helped. since reading these comments, I think i may have a new clue to what’s going on. This is a unhealthy product and i regret every buying it; I would never recommend it to anyone. I’m going to check for mold Now!

Comment by Susan — September 15, 2013 @ 2:12 pm

It’s been a couple of weeks since my last post and I still haven’t contacted the mattress company where we bought the bed because in March they did their inspection which didn’t fall within warranty regulations for an exchange. It has been over a year since my husband as slept in the bed. Which the other night I was glad he wasn’t there because I woke up swearing so bad that I had to move to the other side that was very cold but not a sweat pit! We bought the mattress in 2009 and have slept uncomfortably for the past 3yrs! This is crazy! we shouldn’t have to live with such an unjust product with false advertising. From all the post I have read Tempurpedic should be held responsible for families suffering physically, mentally & emotionally from their purchase. Chronic back pain, years of regret and financial & marital stress,with all the affects that come with loss of sleep. Tempurpedic needs to be help held accountable. Anyone with lawyer friends who can help us create a class action lawsuit???

Comment by Shiray — September 16, 2013 @ 10:05 am

I was a tempurpedic memory foam mattress owner for 8 years. I just got rid of it recently, and it was the best decision I ever made.

My husband and I purchased our mattress back in 2005 when we both were in our early 20s and in good health. A few years later my husband was in a bad car wreck and suffered from a lot of back problems after. He claimed the mattress worsened the problems, but I believed all the advertisements about how memory foam is supposed to be “the best” for those who wake up sore, and honestly assumed his back would hurt regardless of where he slept.

Three years ago I got into a car wreck. I swear we are cursed…all the times we have been hit we haven’t even been moving, and someone has done something highly illegal and crashed into us : ( Anyway…since my car wreck I have dealt with waking up with constant lower back pain. Despite weekly chiropractic appointments, massages, etc. it just never seemed to get better. I just thought I was permanently damaged, and never related it to the bed.

A few months ago my husband once again suggested it was the tempurpedic making us continue to ache. I didn’t believe him, but upon staying in a hotel while traveling for work, I woke up each morning without aches and pains, and feeling more energized. I finally gave in and ditched the memory foam bed. The first night on a new mattress I woke up feeling stiff, but after the second night I woke up feeling 100% normal each morning. No aches, no soreness, etc. My energy levels were also way better, and I wouldn’t wake up throughout the night like I used to. It makes me sad that we blamed our morning aches on our car accidents, but in reality it wasn’t because of damage from the car wrecks, it was our bed!

Now that I look back I never felt that my body was “cradled” like it should have been. The area my butt pressed into would always sink quite a bit lower than the rest of my body, and I’m not a big girl by any means. Having my lower back sunken much more than my upper back created a lot of issues.

Tempurpedic may be great for some people, but getting rid of it helped us stop hurting.

I hope this story helps someone if he/she is having the same problems.

P.s: My new bed is the Beautyrest Black (Model: Abriana, Firm). It is the best bed I have ever owned to date, and I am 31 years old.

Comment by Kristy — September 16, 2013 @ 12:59 pm

Kristy, thank you for recommending a new bed:) my husband & I were also in a brutal car accident in our late 20′s when we were t- boned by a full size truck that blew a stop sign:( now in are mid 30′s and my husband hasnt slept in the bed for over a year. We are sick of this temurpedic mattress that has caused more then just physical pain.

Comment by Shiray — September 17, 2013 @ 3:38 pm

Shiray-

I tried dozens of beds out at the store, and the beautyrest black line was my favorite. Unfortunately they are more expensive, but they come with a 25 year warranty. I don’t know who the heck would use the same bed for near that long…but it’s nice knowing you have that option though :)

The first night going from a tempurpedic to a regular bed I woke up stiff, but the mattress salesman told me 99% of the time you will be stiff for up to a week when switching beds. After night #2 I woke up feeling amazing. I love the new bed now.

What’s funny is I have talked to TONS of people that have back problems and all of them swear their tempurpedics made the problems worse. We are not alone! :)

Comment by Kristy — September 17, 2013 @ 4:45 pm

Kristy – I know I am still going to call sleep country where we bought the bed. I will drive up to their front door with the Tempurpedic if they want to try it for them selves. My husband and I have lost enough for them not to even give us an exchange. I I at 140lbs or my husband at 220lbs lay on it the mattress clearly sinks 2-4″ where the spine should lay straight! Like I don’t have enough to do in life but I do plan to move forward with this warranty issue;) take care & enjoy your restful nights sleep:)

Comment by Shiray — September 17, 2013 @ 5:45 pm

We purchased a Tempur-pedic 3 weeks ago. Paid $5700.00. I have had back pain for as long as I can remember and really thought this would help. I really am not liking this bed at all. My husband sleeps like a baby. But me, I have a hard time turning over and always end up on my back, when I do wake up I feel like I have been in a straight jacket all night. It literally makes me feel so stiff that I can hardly move in the morning. We were told we had 365 days to try it out and still get a full refund??? I have been sleeping in the spare bedroom just to get a goodnight’s rest. I was thinking that maybe it was just an adjustment period of the new bed and that I would eventually sleep well. SInce it has been 3 weeks I think it’s not going to happen and we will be seeing Mattress Firm this weekend about getting our money back or another bed but not a Tempur-pedic. Hope they honor their warranty. I would not recommend this bed. I just want a good night’s sleep. I’m falling asleep at my desk everyday..

Comment by Francine — September 20, 2013 @ 4:17 pm

For those complaining about the Pillow PROTECTOR. It says right on the card, one per Household. And it’s a protector, not a cover. The pillows already come with a cover. Why should they owe you a free one for every pillow? Those are optional.

Comment by Mark — October 2, 2013 @ 3:36 am

Francine, Tempur-pedic gives a 90 day trial with one exchange if you don’t like the one you have. Never saw anywhere that said full refund, let alone 365 days.

Comment by Mark — October 2, 2013 @ 4:02 am

Francine,
Mark is correct the factory offers a 90 day “Try Out Period” or often called a comfort guarantee that promises comfort anytime during that period of 30-90 days. Here is the link http://www.tempurpedic.com/shopping-with-us/ninety-night-tryout.asp This should not be confused with a warranty which has nothing to do with comfort only workmanship and material defects. Hope this clears up the issue.

Comment by Douglas Belleville — October 2, 2013 @ 7:26 am

I wish every one that has bought one of those sweat boxes they call tempurpedic would lets all get together and file a class action law suit. And see if something could’t be done.
Sandra Bennett

Comment by sandra bennett — October 2, 2013 @ 8:40 am

Sandra, I am joining a class action law suit against Tempurpedic.

Class action info: F. Gerald Maples, P.A.
365 Canal St. Ste. 2650
New Orleans, LA..70130

Ph#: 504-569-8732 or Toll Free 866-548-7765

Good luck to all who are having problems with Tempurpedic!

Lilly

Comment by Lilly — October 2, 2013 @ 10:49 am

Thanks Sandra for the info:.. what do we have to do? just contact them? I bet tempurpedic should be sweating this one. I hate this bed and my disabled husband has to lay in it everyday. I thought I was doing this Great thing for him when i bought it, boy, was I wrong and we can’t afford a new bed. My son has to come over and help me rotate it atleast once a week to get him out of the hole he creates. My husband is a 6ft 5 320lb man who spends most of the time in bed. When I bought it I was looking to help with bed sores; but i have to put a “Waffle mattress” under him, which cost me $100 from Ehob. that is the only thing that gives him some relief. I don’t sleep on it, I sleep on the couch because he needs the head of the bed raised for breathing issues. This product sure has caused alot of problems and fooled the public at such a high price. thanks for the input. take care

Comment by Susan — October 2, 2013 @ 11:22 am

Correction: I mean thanks Lilly and Sandra

Comment by Susan — October 2, 2013 @ 11:23 am

Yes Susan, just contact them and they will send you the paper work.

Lilly

Comment by Lilly — October 2, 2013 @ 12:20 pm

Well, after reading all these comments I am amazed at how few praises there are for these mattresses. However, when we first got our bed 10 to 11 years ago I had been wanting a Tempur-Pedic for years. So about 3 years after getting married we bought our mattress. We bought from a dealer without the 3 month guarantee. We got a California King and the support pieces for under the main mattress. How excited I was! After 1 week I thought I would die. My husband who can sleep anywhere couldn’t sleep comfortably either. That was a huge concern. So I called the main company and asked what we should do. They told us that we needed to break in our mattress, walk on it or let little children walk all over it as often as possible to break it in faster. It took quite a few weeks before my husband felt comfortable and me a little longer. I didn’t like the smell and wondered about feeling hot but finally gave in to just trying to get a good nights sleep. It seemed to me that we should have just paid more and gone to a legitimate supplier. After deciding we needed to go back to a queen mattress for better use of our space we took the Tempur-pedic out and now use the regular Queen mattress and box that was my mothers. It now dawns on me that I am more comfortable and have less temperature flluctuations than on the other bed! I still think it depends on the individual need and with the options now available I think I could find a Tempur-Pedic that fit my needs. That however, might take a long process! When I got married it took 3 trials to get the right mattress set! The first one was too soft and most expensive, the second too hard and second most expensive and the third was the best and the least expensive! We kept that until getting the Tempur-Pedic. Mattress comfort is really important, although I wonder how it was when there really wasn’t a choice?!

Comment by Fawn — November 8, 2013 @ 11:47 am

Fawn, Please don’t be surprised by the lack of praise in this thread. Remember the thread name is Top 10 Tempur Pedic Complaints. Our Top Ten Benefits Of Memory Foam tells the other side of the story. I would only add that in a blog /thread type setting one can commonly expect to read more negative than positive just because that is the nature of people to tell others when they’re are unhappy with something. Tempur Pedic has quickly become a force to be reckoned with in the mattress world and rightly so. I think we can safely say many many more like it than don’t. This give people a way to research and seek out the products weaknesses.Thanks for your input. Doug

Comment by Douglas Belleville — November 11, 2013 @ 7:38 am

We purchased the Rhapsody Breeze Queen Mattress with the 5 inch foundation in April, 2013. Note that Tempur-pedic requires the use of its own foundation in order to have a valid mattress warranty. We have solid steel slats bolted to the bed sides with center feet, as recommended by Tempur-pedic, so our bed support for the foundation and mattress is not an issue.

Thus far, Tempur-pedic has been unable to deliver a 5 inch foundation to us without a manufacturing defect. We have received THREE queen 5” foundations from Tempur-pedic in 2013, all with defective ribs or horizontal wood cross braces. One or both dislodge from the foundation box, making the foundation unstable.

If you hear creaking sounds coming from your Tempur-pedic foundation, check for a broken rib by running your hand along the side. If the rib or wood cross brace has dropped below the level of the foundation frame, it is broken, and you should contact Tempur-pedic customer service for a warranty foundation replacement.

Comment by Zaylyn — November 30, 2013 @ 2:08 pm

We have had our tempur-pedic cloud supreme for over a year and had to contact the warranty for replacement because of thr sagging in the bed. It’s a king size. We proved to them that the sagging was legit and they sent us out another one with no problems. My problem lies with the one they sent out. The mattress I had before (the cloud supreme) was so heavy me and my husband couldn’t pick it up AT ALL. This (new) mattress they sent out is so light I can pick it up myself and we are having major trouble even getting out of bed each morning. This is not the same mattress or the same quality that we had over a year ago. They sent me a cheap version and I need to know if this has happened to anyone else. We have had the “new” mattress since July and HATE it. I know it’s not the same mattress and not sure what to do about. Is there anyone that relates to this. I’m going to try and contact customer service but not sure what they will do. Please help!!!!

Comment by Rhonda — December 9, 2013 @ 11:45 am

Any of theses people that tell you that a blame sorry tempur-pedic bed sleeps cool makes me wonder if they work for tempur-pedic or maybe they just can’t feel.
I bought two of these high priced sorry beds. And the only reason i did not take them back the restocking fee was way to high. Should have saw a red light when
there was a restocking fee.I had heard about how great these beds are you may as well try sleeping in a sauna it will be the same thing. I have this bed in one
of my guest rooms. It has been tried by me for 3 nights. Can’t stand it so i have a $3600.00 bed that is doing no one any good. The other tempur-pedic was $2600.00
So i gave this one away have lost a lot of money on these two beds.Hope every one will think twice before being suckered into buying a tempur-pedic.
Sandra Bennett

Comment by sandra bennett — December 10, 2013 @ 1:43 pm

We are in so much pain with our cloud. My husband crushed his wrist a months before purchase so he was on vidicon the first six months and then had another wrist surgery grinding down bone so we had another six months on pain killers. I was focused on him but when all was over and of pain killers we realized our bed was causing so much pain. Worst part is reading these comments to find out how much more we paid… We bought the ergo which in itself is amazing and was the selling factor. I do love being in bed when not sleeping adjust up. But when sleeping I’m not sure what the issue is. I really can’t tell you. We turn good. We are not hot. We don’t sink. Nothing is wrong except we wake up in pain. I get it in my shoulders and husband in back. Other beds we can sleep past six hours. This bed only five or forget it. He is ready to get rid of it but I just paid off $8000. What should I do??… Probably nothing.. Luckily we put our last bed in guest room.

Comment by Donna — December 17, 2013 @ 7:57 am

I would rather sleep on the floor than sleep on my Tempur Pedic bed $3500 dollars down the drain and the company is no help do yourself a favor and sleep in the box it came in.

Comment by Gil Martin — January 5, 2014 @ 9:20 pm

Rhopsody bed is comfortable but has terrible HotSpots when it’s over 80 degrees. No airflow and the manufacture says that it’s only comfort so no warranty! I thought they call themselves the “the Most Comfortable Bed in America” ?

Comment by K. P. — February 19, 2014 @ 12:33 am

You should have a 90 days trial period? If possible return it tomorrow!!! We have had our $3500 king size bed for 4yrs. It’s freezing cold and hard as a rock in the winter, which makes it really unpleasant to get comfortable! And too soft and so unbelievably hot, even in February! I can’t imagine another sweaty summer sleeping in this bed! My husband won’t sleep on it anymore. Last night I had him turn the mattress for me because I’m pregnant and my usual side was sagging so bad I can’t sleep on it without sinking into a hot sweaty whole!
I can’t wait till we move in a few months because we may just throw it in the dump. It weights way to much to pack around! Piece of garbage!
My suggestion to anyone questioning this “high quality product” dont waste your time. Return it immediately, before your store warranty expires.
Tempurpedic has a warranty that covers their butts, not yours! When they came to do an assessment they had my 220lbs husband lay in the middle, where there is no sag to measure & photograph for their records! I was too busy caring for my 2yr old son to get on his case!
Don’t believe the hype!

Comment by Alana — February 19, 2014 @ 11:05 pm

We purchased our bed about 3 years ago. Never noticed any smell. As long as you turn the mattress regularly it stays even (we are both heavy people), and even though I’m hot-natured when I sleep I don’t notice it being overly hot but we keep our bedroom pretty cool. I go to bed hurting all over and wake up refreshed. It is very expensive and mattresses are hard to turn but we love the bed. Have trouble keeping the split king beds together though so we’re looking for a solution.

Comment by Chris — March 21, 2014 @ 8:43 pm

There is a design defect in the metal frame for the Tempurpedic adjustable beds. Yesterday I spent 20 minutes on the phone with a woman from Technical Support trying to determine a fix for the lack of support for my heavy solid wood headboard. Whenever you get on the bed, the headboard knocks against the wall and I am at my breaking point with this issue. We have moved the bed from wall but that just makes the headboard lean more. The technician kept repeating “since this is not a manufacturer’s defect, there is nothing Tempurpedic can do. Obviously the bolts have loosened and I need to really tighten them down”. Since I got no assistance and I know the bolts are as tight as they should be without damaging the headboard, I called a local store and they indicated they also have experienced this problem. They have remedied it by placing a cardboard box between the headboard and the wall and they offered to show me their fix and to give me a free box. They also indicated they have discussed this issue with their TP rep and there is a newly designed bed frame. This store has received one, but it is not current on the showroom floor.
I have lost all faith in the Tempurpedic Co. My issue seems to have been a known problem, yet TP did not offer any assistance. I was on my own. I received more help from a local delivery man than from TP! When you spend this much for a product, you expect assistance when you have an issue.
This will be our last purchase from TP. Going forward we will only do business with reputable companies that stand behind their products and strive to have satisfied customers during the life of the item.

Comment by J Sanchez — March 26, 2014 @ 8:50 pm

Absolute piles of c@#p!!
STAY AWAY FROM THIS TERRIBLE PRODUCT.

Comment by Chad Miller — April 5, 2014 @ 10:46 pm

I am a Medical Doctor. After purchasing a TP for my wife and I, we started to notice problems. We were both sweating all night and I began to have Sleep Apnea type symptoms. We woke up every night around 3 AM for weeks. The “off gassing” was atrocious. We had to have a fan and open windows just to tolerate the bed. She was pregnant at the time so she actually slept in our guest room while I tried to tolerate the sagging, sweaty, stinking 5 thousand dollar bed. Guess what? It is now in our guest room. Don’t waste your money. Just to be scientific about it I recently slept down in the guest room for a week and all of my symptoms, including back pain, insomnia, apnea symptoms all returned. Upon returning to our regular bed, all of the symptoms subsided again. This company should be run out on a rail. BTW, sleep study showed NO apnea. It is the bed. I don’t care what spin the company spins, these beds are toxic.

Comment by Joel B. — April 7, 2014 @ 6:36 am

Joel, Wow those are pretty harsh accusations. I have my own theories about memory foam. Claiming to be a medical doctor and then sharing your claim with anonymity will give your comment very little weight here. In fact it could have the reverse affect I am assuming you expect to gain. Doug Belleville Manager STL Beds

Comment by Douglas Belleville — April 8, 2014 @ 7:50 am

I would like to know why Temperpedic does not make a King size pillow. I’m more surprised that it’s not listed as a complaint here. Drives me crazy to have those small pillows on my King bed. Why sell a King bed and standard pillows. Seriously !

Comment by MJ Murph — May 12, 2014 @ 7:30 pm

MJ, You would have to ask Tempur Pedic :-) I know there is not a lot of demand for king pillows in both memory foam and latex. Perhaps the expense of a the pillow and the fact that most of the pillow goes unused. Most people buy queen for sleeping and use king cheap pillows for dressing the bed when they make it. Hope this helps. Doug

Comment by Douglas Belleville — May 12, 2014 @ 7:44 pm

bed only lasted two years and there is sinking in the middle . Its okay with one person in the bed but not two, I am 105 lb and my husband is 180 lb. What a waste of money.

Comment by cindy G — May 18, 2014 @ 11:57 pm

Had the Cloude luxe it was great for the first two months firm but soft …..then after the third month straight up sunk I cant even sit while playing video game im a 30 year old man with upper neck injury !! C456 …n it helped a lot with neck and the the movement ..but it absolutely ruined and caused so much pain from my lower back because after the bed was broken in from sleeping on it for 3 months my lower back is been destroyed and I can’t return it because after the 3 months policy they won’t accept it back…THESE BEDS ARE MADE FOR 100Lb WOMEN NOT 260LBS MEN!!!!!!!!!! THAtS WHY THERE LOGO IS A SKINNY A$$ WOMEN LAYING SIDE WAYS ON THERE MATTRESS !!!! I SPENT 4500 $$$ TO TRY N HELP MY NECK N SHOULDER AREA N UPPER BACK ….BUT NOW KILLED MY LOWER BACK BECAUSE I FELL IAM SUNK AND SWEATING INTO THIS BED SO MUCH …..THE WORST THING IN HiSTORY…LIKE I SAID UNLESS YOUR A 120LB WOMEN THAT ALL …I was SO WORRIED ABOUT MY NECK MY GIRLFRIEND CANT EVEN RYDE ME WHILE HAVING SEX ON THESE CRAPS I WASNT EVEN THINKING ABOUT SEX AT THE TIME …GOODLUCK HAVING SEX ON THESES BED …. Got to travel 25 miles to my girls bed or a hotel to get some bumpn n grind ….but cant do much anyways cause this bed messed up my lower neck muscles up because i am a back sleeper …. DONT GET THESES BED IF YOUR A MAN !!!!!!!!! OVER150LBS !!!!!!!! I HAVE TO SLEEP WITH TWO PILLOWS UNDER MY LOWER BACK TO BE LEVEL !!!! AND FORGET SEX AND WATCHING TV ON IT YOUR BASICALLY SITTING ON THE BOX SPRING !!!!! IM MIKE P. FROM YONKERS #@$% TEMPERPEDICS 4500 $ DOWN THE DRAIN!!!!!! PLEASE DONT MAKE MISTAKE LIKE ME !!!!!!!!!
I