What Can The Steel Super Duty Heavyweight Bed Frame Be Used For?
- Steel Super Duty Heavyweight Bed Frame. Ideal for Heavier People.
- Natural Latex Rubber Mattresses.
- Memory & Gel Foam Beds.
- Mattresses & Boxsprings.
- Softside Waterbeds.
Which Frame Will I Need?
- Headboard and Footboard: When you check out in our shopping cart at the “Attaches To” dropdown. Choose the “Bolt Up Headboard and Footboard” option if you do indeed have both. NOTE: The headboard and footboard can be made from almost any building material including wood, metal, iron, brass, wicker, etc. The most important note to consider is that it has through holes in the right and left leg of the headboard and the right and left leg of the footboard. This will allow you to push the bolt through the leg and fasten the steel mounting plate of the bed together. NOT recommended if you do NOT Have a footboard. (Universal Headboard and Footboard Bolts Optional and sold here)
- Headboard Only: When you check out in our shopping cart at the “Attaches To” dropdown. Choose the “Bolt Up Headboard Only” option if only have a headboard. NOTE: The headboard can be made from almost any building material including Wood, metal, iron, brass, wicker, etc. The most important note to consider is that it has through holes in the right and left leg of the headboard and the right and left leg of the footboard. This will allow you to push the bolt through the leg and fasten the steel mounting plate of the bed frame together. (Universal Headboard and Footboard Bolts Optional and sold here)
- Standalone or Free Standing by itself: When you check out in our shopping cart at the “Attaches To” dropdown. Choose “Stands Alone” if you do NOT have a head and footboard, headboard, or you are planning to add a bolt-on headboard in the future.
Construction Details For The Steel Super Duty Heavyweight Bed Frame
- Not one size fits all. If you buy a Queen if will fit a queen etc. This is what gives the frame its unique strength.
- This heavy-duty frame is held together with nuts, bolts, and lock washers and is not adjustable for the ultimate in durability.
- No matter what you use it for this frame that can support the weight of a waterbed. (It’s that tough!).
- Manufactured from high carbon railroad steel from the USA.
- Includes heavy-duty steel side rails. Side rails are bolted together using 3 solid one-piece support bars that firmly bolt into place.
- Every Frame includes 20% more steel 1½ X 1½ Angle Iron steel for side rails and crosses arms.
- Queen and King models include: 3 cross support bars with 3 legs and feet per bar for a total of 9 legs and feet.
- Full Size includes: 3 cross support bars with 7 Legs with 7 Feet.
- Twin Size Includes: 3 cross support bars with 6 Legs with 6 Feet.
Carol Blackard (verified owner) –
I am very happy with this superior, super strong frame made of heavy steel. We had no trouble at all putting it together and got our existing headboard on easily. Great product for the common problem of “saggy Queen”.
Larry J. Scharff –
I phoned in my order on Monday morning and my bed frame was delivered to my home on Tuesday afternoon. The frame was in perfect order upon arrival and was very easy to assemble. There were no missing or damaged pieces. I had everything completed by Tuesday night. This frame is very sturdy and is very well manufactured with easy to follow instructions.
Douglas Belleville –
Larry, We really appreciate the feedback and review of how everything played out. The BBF23WB – FULL Super Heavy Duty Frame is amazing. We have carried them since 1993. Excellent choice. Enjoy and sleep tight! Doug
Beth E. (verified owner) –
Several years ago, we purchased this bed frame and were very pleased with the customer service we received, ease of assembly, and quality. I lost the frame in a divorce and knew it had to be an early replacement. I’m just as happy with this second purchase. Thanks, STL Beds!
Douglas Belleville –
Beth, We are happy that you returned and are pleased with the quality and customer service. We always appreciate feedback. It reminds us why we do this and keeps us focused and helps us improve. Thank you so much for your repeat business. Doug
Lisa Andrews –
We ordered the steel bed frame in order to replace wooden slats on a bed that were old and creaky. The product came very quickly as promised. On the website I believe it stated that it would fit any beds starting at 6 inches from the floor and up. In reality when we got the box it stated that the lowest point it would fit was 6 1/2 inches. Because our wooden bed placed our box spring at exactly 6 inches from the floor it was a problem for us. We managed to install wooden pieces along the bed frame that raised the box spring by the necessary 1/2 inch. Once we did that, the frame was easy to install and it does support the box spring and mattress quite well. It had all the necessary pieces and the installation was quick and easy. I was happy with this product however, the website should more accurately reflect the exact measurements.
Douglas Belleville –
Hi Lisa, Thank you for all of your feedback and the kind words. Enjoy and pleasant dreams. Doug