Our recent article on mattress toppers prompted us to write up this article on how to correctly pick a mattress topper that will fit your needs. Here are some great tips to help you decide.
- Mattress topper thickness can be very important especially when selecting a memory foam or latex rubber mattress topper. More thickness by and large correlates to more comfort.
- Density and IFD of polyurethane foams or latex toppers are detailed measurements to determine their quality; you will want to familiarize yourself with those terms so do your research.
- The old saying “you get what you pay for” definitely applies to mattress toppers so do not skimp. We recommend spending extra money on a topper if you want durability and added comfort. Cheaper mattress toppers usually lack toughness and their comfort fades very quickly. Cheaper models may work best for the application of a guest room, temporary or short-term use.
- What is the cost of a mattress topper? Mattress topper costs vary widely. The size of the topper and the material it is made from ultimately determine the final cost of a topper. Costs can range from $40.00, $50.00 up to $800.00
- What size mattress toppers are available? Mattress toppers of all kinds are available in the typical sizes of twin, full, queen, and king along with all of the special sizes twin extra long, California king, etc.
- A frequent problem that can occur is that your regular standard sheets and mattress pad may not fit over both the mattress and a thick topper. Be sure to buy deep pocket sheets that will not only cover the entire mattress, but cover the mattress topper as well.