Wood Replacement Bed Side Rails

If you have a wood bed king or queen size with a headboard and foot board chances are you have wood side rails that match the bed, but what is a person to do  if  they have wood sides that have cracked or split? Perhaps they have become warped, damaged, or even lost or misplaced during a move.  Is it possible to buy new ones and where can I get them?

Wood Replacement Bed Side Rails?

Why buy wood replacements for your king bed when steel in stronger? Click here for pricing.

Help I need replacement bed side rails!

Good news they make after markets side rails for queen and king size beds, however they are a little different. Due to the number of different colors and wood styles it is not likely you’re going to find the exact wood rails that match. What bed frame builders have developed is a stronger heavier duty steel replacement system that is designed to take some of the weight of f  the connecting hook ins that causes wood side frames to crack in the first place.

What can I do if I want wood side rails and not metal?

There are a few things a person can do if they prefer wood to metal side pieces.

• Contact the original manufacturer of the bed. They are the most likely to have exactly what your are looking for. You will need the manufacturer’s name, model of the bed and any other information that helps specifically identify the bed. The original receipt is one place you may find it another is that it may be placed on the bed itself somewhere.
  • There are retailers that sell replacements on line however color is often limited to a few and a nice match is near impossible. While the finish may be oak the various shades of oak will can often look as though the rails were not meant for that bed. Custom color matching is really the best choice.
  • Contact the retailer where it was purchased. They may still carry the product or have your receipt on file.
  • Locate a store that possibly has extras lying around in their warehouse due to a damaged or broken bed.

Why did my wood side rails break?

Most wooden side rails break because of improper support under the boxspring. It is very important  to get the bulk of the body weight and bed weight down to the floor and off of the corners where wooden side rails hook in. A preventative solution to the problem  is steel center supports with feet. Another is a replacement steel frame like Glideaway’s 62 CS and K 80

Wood Replacement Bed Side Rails?

Heavy Duty Steel Replacement Sides can be found and priced by Clicking photo.

Why am I having problems finding Wood Replacement Bed Side Rails?

• Most manufacturers develop their own furniture colors and stains. There is no standardization in the industry for color,  so one stores cherry finish may be much darker or even light than another etc.
  • Wood beds with headboards and footboards are nearly always sold as complete beds.
  • Many beds today are being imported from over seas and are purchased complete and in bulk.

What do we recommend? Replacing the broken wood sided rails of your queen size bed with 62CS  and your king size bed with Glideaway’s K80

Do you have replacement rails for a wooden single bed bought around 1990?

Comment by Paul G — September 22, 2012 @ 8:52 am

We carry several different kinds of replacement rails for a a wooden bed. As of the time of this response they are all steel or metal sides we do not offer wood due to color matching issues that nearly always arise. Simply determine what size bed you have. We need to know if it is headboard only or headboard and footboard. Finally you will need to know if the connection type is hook in or bolt up. You can contact us toll free 1 888 785 2337 and we can walk you through it or visit our Steel Bed Frames Page. Hope this helps. Thanks Doug B.

Comment by Douglas Belleville — September 22, 2012 @ 12:29 pm

I purchase this bedroom suit in the 90s. it’s cherry wood. the furniture is still in excellent conditons. However, I need to replace the rails. I have a headboard/footboard and the rail were 3 pcs. My head/foot board has a middle opening.

Comment by Sharon — November 16, 2013 @ 8:01 am

Hi Sharon, If I am understanding you correctly you have headboard / footboard and just the side railings with no center supports or feet to support the opening. You did not include whether or not those rails were wood or metal? If they are wood you should be able to purchase one of our center support systems. The G Force, GS3 XS, and even the BB8Q or BB8K depending on what you have for size our height. Read the supports to assure proper fit or contact us. 1 888 785 2337. The other option is a complete steel replacement frame that would take the place of your current side rails and ad steel slats that would span the opening to keep the boxspring from sagging. 62CS, 63CS for queen with with hook rails and K80 or K83 for king size with hook in rails. Please contact me with additional questions or write me. Thank you Doug

Comment by Douglas Belleville — November 18, 2013 @ 7:46 am

need to replace wood side rails for dark cherry wood side rails for my bed

Comment by Michele — January 24, 2014 @ 9:14 am

Michele, At this current time we do not offer wood replacement rails in any color. Only steel replacement rails which you can find here.

Comment by Douglas Belleville — January 25, 2014 @ 7:03 am

I have a Lexington bedroom suite that accommodates both full and queen mattress sets. I have used a full size mattress but just replaced it with a queen mattress. Although I adjusted the side rails hooks into the queen size slot, the mattress is 4 inches too long. Are the side rails also different lengths from full to queen? How can I get medium oak side rails to fit my queen size mattress set?

Thanks,
Susan

Comment by Susan Andrews — February 7, 2014 @ 8:22 pm

Susan, I wanted to give a more detailed answer than a simple reply to your comment. You brought up a really good question we’ve been asked many times before. Here is the link that should be more helpful Beds With 2 Sets Of Hook In Slots, What Rails Do I Need?

Comment by Douglas Belleville — February 11, 2014 @ 12:08 pm

I am looking for replacement king size bed rails and pricing , Thank you

Comment by Lillie Sellers — April 4, 2014 @ 3:21 am

Hi Lillie, If you indeed need rails for a king bed you would currently own a wood king headboard and footboard with side rails that slide into the hooks of the headboard and footboard? If this is the case these rails should work. Be sure to print out the template and read the “entire” long and short description to assure a more precise fit. King Bed Rails Click Here

Comment by Douglas Belleville — April 8, 2014 @ 7:32 am

Hello,

I currently have the Julian Bed from World Market (You can do a Google image search for “Julian bed, World Market” to see what it looks like and it’s construction – or go here: http://reviews.worldmarket.com/3428-en_us/23659/julian-bed-reviews/reviews.htm?sort=rating)

It has wooden slats about a foot off of the round with one wooden beam down the center (2 wooden legs screw into that beam)

I have been using it without a box spring and was just using the mattress on top of the wooden slats. It was working fine for about a year, until the wooden beam that goes down the middle shifted/tilted and one of the screwed in slats came loose. The 2 legs on the beam don’t make good contact with the floor and aren’t sturdy. (I have hardwood floors)

I could just get another screw and screw that slat back in place and keep on using it, but I’d like to start using my box spring. This would give me more support and I wouldn’t have to worry about storing the box spring.

How can I attach a metal frame to this bed? It has a headboard, footboard, and side rails – all wood. Also, while the legs of the headboard go all the way to the ground, the center of the headboard is about a foot off of the ground. If I can’t find a way to use my boxspring, I will have to find a way to sure up my current slat system and definitely get a sturdier center beam.

*Note: I can’t use the boxspring on top of the slats, it’ makes the bed WAY too high. : – (

Any advice would be appreciated.

Comment by Robyn — April 30, 2014 @ 2:05 am

Hi Robyn, You may be able to remove the slat packs. “If” They are resting on a wooden lip and screwed in like any other bed slats then you could probably use a few of the middle supports we sell made for this type of bed. On hardwood the GS-3 XS Center Support | 3 Bars & Feet could be a good choice. Give me a call to discuss all details. We may even have you text or email photos of the bed to be sure. Hope to talk with you Doug.

Comment by Douglas Belleville — May 12, 2014 @ 8:15 pm

I have an antique bed with a 7 foot headboard and carved and curved side rails that are about 8-10 inches high. I need to convert the bed to queen from full and know that I saw a place several years ago who provided the rails that work on old beds (1800′s)

Do you provide such rails?

Comment by Betty Woodard — July 12, 2014 @ 12:30 pm

Betty, for something so large and old it would be best that you contact us at the number above. We will have you text or email us some photos to make that determination. Doug

Comment by Douglas Belleville — July 13, 2014 @ 12:04 am